KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA NEWS 12 is now accepting applications for an Anchor/Reporter to join our National Edward R. Murrow Award Winning team. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic journalist who connects with the audience from behind the desk, in the field, online and in the community. The successful candidate should have superior editorial judgment, be a superb storyteller and be the best in breaking news situations. The position also requires effective communication with viewers and staff as well as proven leadership abilities. Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume and links to your most recent work.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor assigned newscasts
• Develop sources and present ideas daily that resonate with our audience and are in line with our strategy
• Write accurate and engaging scripts for broadcast, digital and social media
• Schedule, conduct and shoot interviews and edit video
• Anchor and respond to breaking news coverage
• Use strong journalistic ethics, news judgment and decision-making in daily coverage
• Use digital and social media in the news gathering process and presentation
• Use strong organizational skills for efficient workflow
• Work independently and as a team
• Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous anchoring experience is preferred
• At least two years of reporting, shooting and editing experience is required
• College journalism degree or equivalent is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1304-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.