Multimedia Journalist - KSFY/KSFY
MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (MORNING) - KSFY/KDLT
Sioux Falls is one of the fastest growing cities in the Upper Midwest and is home to more than 200,000 people. Healthcare and finance make up much of the workforce in Sioux Falls. There is never a shortage of things to do here. Summers are packed with outdoor festivals and concert events. Many also enjoy the city's nearly 30 miles of bike trails; be sure to stop by the beautiful waterfalls of the Big Sioux River! And winter doesn't mean people hibernate; there are plenty of outdoor and indoor activities all winter long. In 2014, the city built a 12,000 seat area that has hosted everything from PBR events, hockey and indoor football, to concerts with names like Paul McCartney, Carrie Underwood and Ed Sheeran. The city is also home to a new indoor aquatic center, indoor ice skating facility, a basketball arena, and an indoor tennis complex. There is no shortage of places to eat either. Not only is Sioux Falls home to many familiar restaurant chains but it's also known for many great locally-owned restaurants. And if you want to get away for the weekend, you can drive to Omaha in three hours, Minneapolis in four, and the Black Hills in five.
KSFY/KDLT is an award-winning television operation serving viewers in the eastern half of South Dakota as well as portions of southwest Minnesota and northwest Iowa. The stations operate from a new studio in downtown Sioux Falls as one rebranded organization called Dakota News Now. The facilities put Dakota News Now on the cutting edge of television and news-gathering technology, making it one of the most state-of-the-art television stations in the market and the region. The Dakota News Now team produces 38 hours of news each week. Some of our employees have been here for more than 25 years. For others, this is their first job out of college. It's a great mix that gives us different perspectives while covering the news. People here enjoy the work they do, and everyone steps up to the plate during major news events like breaking news and severe weather.
Learn more about Dakota News Now & Sioux Falls here: https://www.dakotanewsnow.com/page/ksfykdlt-careers/
Dakota News Now is looking for a full-time multimedia journalist for our morning newscast. We want someone who can connect with the community, understand quality storytelling and is able to gather their own content. The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under a deadline.
- Works with news director and assignment desk to determine, plan daily assignments
- Must have ability to be a digital first MMJ.
- Be able to report on breaking news, quickly turn web and social stories daily
- Must have excellent news judgment and journalism ethics
- Must have strong writing, storytelling and reporting skills
- Must have ability to shoot and edit your own stories and ability to go live
- Excellent live reporting skills required, ability to ad-lib during breaking news
- While primarily a dayside Monday-Friday position, must be willing to work longer hours and different days as needed
- Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism or related field
- Experience in on-air television news is prefered, but we are willing to train the right candidate
- Basic experience with newsroom computer systems is preferred (ENPS)
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (for digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television).
- Responsible for maintaining assigned gear and driving a company vehicle
- Ability to operate a field camera, editing and lighting equipment
- Proficient in TVU technology & other mobile news gathering, including use of GoPros, TVU Anywhere App, editing and sending back video/packages from the field
- Ability to lift/carry equipment ranging from 35-50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to represent all stations professionally/responsibly in the community and newsroom, and on social media
- Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KSFY/KDLT-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkybok-44-201-72-250-42 in your application.