Santa Barbara, CA
Senior Reporter, KSBY
Ready to take the next step? KSBY is looking for a Senior Reporter to take on the big tasks in our newsroom. The right person is a dependable journalist who wants their stories to be more than live shots and vo/sots.
Provide the station with top level reporting for multiplatform distribution. Provide guidance to new reporters at the location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Generate ideas for stories for multiple platforms.
• Report live on location from various news events.
• Prepare a factual story to impart the information to the public.
• Research stories through personal contacts, the internet and other sources deciding the best angle and approach for the story.
• Collaborate effectively with News, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily broadcast, special projects and online coverage.
• Participate in community events.
• Build a network of informational sources to provide exclusive stories for the Scripps brand.
• Meet all production deadlines.
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• Storytelling ability
• Promote teamwork attitude with station employees
• Exceptional on-air personality
• Multitask multiple stories
• Advance ability in critical thinking
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
Annual Salary: $72,000.00 - 82000
Pursuant to local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in California.
WHAT WE OFFER (ADDITIONAL BENEFITS):
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb94mo-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.