KSBY, the E.W. Scripps NBC station in beautiful San Luis Obispo, California is looking for a Director II. The Director II works in all areas of television production and is responsible for technical directing fast paced, complex newscasts and other local programming as well as assisting in completion of pre-production for newscasts.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Oversee the set-up, dismantling and operations of equipment including camera, audio, video and lighting.
• Ensure smooth operation of technical equipment and services during broadcast.
• Troubleshoot technical problems during production or broadcast.
• Direct assigned newscasts, which includes ''switching'' newscasts and other productions, completing the pre-production for all newscasts and checking all sources prior to air.
• Monitor the status of all live shots and content prior to a live newscast.
• Work closely with news department, directors, producers, and promotions to ensure that the desired on-air look is attained.
• Occasional shooting and editing for news stories.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Specialized training/certification may be required
• Generally, 2+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of television station production equipment
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production including audio, switching, digital effects, camera operation and shot composition, lighting, and character generators
• Good working knowledge of computers
• Ability to handle multiple priorities under extreme time constraints with poise and skill
• Solid leadership skills
• Excellent knowledge of proper composition, grammar and spelling
• Must have excellent communication skills; ability to give directions in a clear, efficient manner
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Capable of working well with commercial clients while adding a creative look to commercial spots
• Must be familiar with all aspects of television production, lighting, character generators, and news automation
• Must be a team player
• Ability to perform constant viewing of multiple video and computer monitors
• Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends, evenings and possible overtime hours
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Driving Required. Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance
Hourly: $18.25 - $22.00
Pursuant to state and local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in California.
WHAT WE OFFER (ADDITIONAL BENEFITS):
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy510q-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.