KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled Meteorologist. We are looking for a Meteorologist who knows the science, but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next Meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure.
• Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
• Will utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Will be deployed in the field during weather events
• Gather information
• Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
• In-person attendance is required
• Work with digital team to produce compelling local weather content that supports our digital weather strategy.
• Previous on-air experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Proficient in using WSI graphics and technology
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story
• Ability to use common television weather systems.
• Radar experience preferred
• Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics.
• Bilingual a Plus
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyov1q-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.