KSBW 8 (NBC) / Central Coast ABC / Estrella TV Costa Central, part of Hearst Television, has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled Meteorologist. We are looking for a Meteorologist who knows the science, but can tell a relatable weather story. Our next Meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure.
• Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
• Will utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Will be deployed in the field during weather events
• Gather information
• Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
• In-person attendance is required
• Work with digital team to produce compelling local weather content that supports our digital weather strategy.
• Previous on-air experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Proficient in using WSI graphics and technology
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story
• Ability to use common television weather systems.
• Radar experience preferred
• Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics.
• Bilingual a Plus
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
The estimated base salary range for this role is between $50,000 and $60,000. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as transferable skills, work experience, business needs, market demands and conditions, including geographic location where the work will be performed, and other factors permitted by law. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25166-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.