KRQE News 13 is looking for an experienced government/political reporter passionate about delivering daily in-depth reporting. From the roundhouse, to local elections, city council, and local politics that impact Albuquerque and New Mexico's residence, 2021 will be one of the most exciting years to cover politics in the state. KRQE News 13 looks to tackle this type of coverage unlike any other newsroom in the market – finding in-depth, innovative ways to report daily on state government/political news, as well as producing a weekly political show to air statewide.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Daily reporting online, taking an in-depth, balanced political approach
• Generate story ideas with substantial viewer value that fit station brand
• Ensure balance, fairness, integrity, and accuracy of reporting through thorough research and interviewing
• Solid editorial judgment, knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with managers, producers, photojournalists, and other staff
• Consistently engage with the audience on social media
• Special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum three years of experience as a news reporter
• Excellent writing, grammar, communication, and presentation skills
• Proficiency with broadcast equipment, computers, smartphones, and other technology
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Qualified candidates must submit a reel - or - written work showing expertise and experience in government/political reporting, plus compelling storytelling using dynamic reporting, creative graphics/video, as well as effective use of digital and social media platforms
• You must have a track record of developing sources to generate story ideas and breaking stories
• Must demonstrate a high-level understanding of political balance and sensitivity
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z390-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.