Bi-Lingual Live Video Reporter / Producer
KRQE is searching for a Digital Investigative/Data Reporter to support our KRQE Investigates and On Special Assignment brands across all platforms. In this position you will work with our news team to identify, research, and
investigate stories through data to craft new and innovative ways of storytelling through the help of analysis and visualizations.
The Digital Investigative/Data Reporter collects, analyzes and presents facts through excellent research and interview skills with a solid knowledge of legal matters pertaining to broadcasting and online.
The person for this position is self-motivating, driven and takes initiative. The Digital/ Data Reporter will shoot and edit their own video and write their online story.
• Digs deeper into a story through public records and FOIAs
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, databases, interviews and IPRA's
• Assist producers and reporters with brainstorming, finding, fine-tuning, fact-checking, and analyzing content
• Pitches stories to digital managers and digital producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with digital producers and/or digital/news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as public records, credible online sources, or news files to obtain relevant facts
• Shoots and edits story video
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Revises work to meet editorial approval
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Maintains presence and engages professionally on social media
Requirements & Skills:
• Prior Investigative experience is a must
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Must have strong database management, data interpretation, and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
• Superior multi-tasker with an understanding of how news is consumed in the digital environment
• Digitally proficient and self-educating on new applications and tech
• Strong grammatical skills with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit.
• Comprehensive experience with content management systems and SEO
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift and weekends
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital/Data Reporter must be able to sit, analyze, conduct telephone or Internet video conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work near others.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.