Weekend Evening Meteorologist, KRIS
KRIS, the E.W. Scripps owned NBC affiliate in Corpus Christi, TX is looking for a Weekend Evening Meteorologist to join our team. We are looking for an engaging meteorologist who will connect with viewers both on-air & online. The Weekend Evening Meteorologist is responsible for analyzing meteorological data gathered by satellites and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for the newscasts, digital, & social media. Beyond the forecast, you'll engage with the community by attending events and being active online. You'll also be responsible for pitching story ideas and reporting on topics that interest and impact the audience. You would be joining a dynamic team led by strong leaders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Prepare and deliver daily weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers.
• Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary.
• Prepare and deliver all weathercast materials over a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: TV, Radio, Internet.
• Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers.
• Receive assignments or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Report live from events when assigned.
• Write and produce quality news and weather stories for multiple media platforms.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit, and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in Meteorology preferred
• Generally 3+ years of experience preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy, including weather and newsroom computer systems
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Knowledge of editing systems
• Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8nk2q-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.