KRCR/KCVU in beautiful Redding, California is looking for a new Newscast Director to join our team!
The Newscast Director is responsible for all technical components of a live television newscast including, but not limited to, video, lighting, sound, and equipment. In this role, you will work closely with Producers, Reporters, and newsroom leaders on how best to present content in the live broadcast. You will lead a team of Production Assistants in the planning, preparation, and execution of the live and recorded broadcasts, events, and programs. You will work with our Engineering and IT team to install, replace and maintain broadcast equipment.
Perform production duties as assigned including:
• Direct and TD (Technical Direct) newscasts and productions, in studio or on location
• Create graphics using Photoshop, Axis, and other programs
• Train production crew to operate studio cameras, audio boards, graphics machines, etc.
• Supervise production crew on a daily basis
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Perform other tasks as needed, which may include website contribution, video editing, or content creation
• Experience Directing or Technical Directing newscasts is preferred
• Knowledge of production techniques (video editing, lighting, sound, etc.) and equipment
• Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Avid is a plus
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Ability to react quickly and give clear direction while under pressure
• Self-motivated, good time management skills
• Must be able to occasionally lift & position 40-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $17.00 to $19.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25o75-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.