KQCA My58, part of the strongest duopoly in Sacramento, California, is building its team of A+ producers/editors. We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated Senior Producer/Editor. We are looking for a self-starter who has a good balance of creativity and organization. If you can create compelling promos and have experience in entertainment or news promotion, we are looking for you!
Sacramento is a hidden gem in the heart of Northern California, surrounded by Napa Valley, San Francisco, the Pacific Coast, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and more. As one of the most affordable cities in California, Sacramento boasts beautiful weather year-round, along with an impressive array of parks, landmarks and some of the best produce in the country.
KQCA My58, located in downtown Sacramento, has one of the most unique and exciting programming lineups on television, with TV's best comedies every night in Primetime followed by Sacramento's #1 news team, KCRA 3 News. If promoting news and shows like Schitt's Creek, The Goldbergs, Young Sheldon and Modern Family is up your alley, My58 is the place for you!
The diverse array of KCRA/KQCA media platforms reflect the Sacramento- Stockton- Modesto community we are so proud to serve. Quality journalism, breaking news, a variety of entertainment in English and Spanish, as well as Spanish language local news updates make up the diverse offerings of highly desirable programming that connects with our viewers.
It is important our KCRA/KQCA family also reflects this diverse community. Achieving a consistent performance of excellence requires a whole range of ideas, opinions, and ways of thinking. We actively seek multicultural talents, skills and experiences to make sure the content we produce is just as smart, innovative, and representative. We support and champion under-represented groups such as veterans looking to transition to a civilian career, women and minority ethnic groups, as well as the LGBTQ community. Bilingual applicants are valued but it is not a requirement.
MUST INCLUDE VIDEO DEMO REEL OR LINK TO WORK TO BE CONSIDERED.
No Phone Calls Please
Your main focus will be writing, producing and editing national quality, compelling promos that entice viewers to watch My58's comedy block and KCRA 3 News on My58. You will also promote other My58 programming and produce event promos featuring the My58 street team.
• Proficient in After Effects
• Strong editing skills: Adobe Premiere experience preferred
• Ability to write, produce and edit promos start to finish
• Meet tight deadlines and adapt to whatever the project calls for
• Highly organized with attention to detail
• Handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Work efficiently under time constraints
• Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Work a flexible schedule including overtime, if necessary
• Great attitude and strong team player
• Takes critiques and direction well
• Must be a creative thinker with a strong eye for layout & design.
• Demo reel speaks for itself & contains promos for entertainment and/or news programming
• Military experience may be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5o93-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.