KQCA-TV, the Hearst Television, Inc., My58 in Sacramento, California, seeks a dynamic Local Sales Manager. Under the direction of the General Sales Manager, the Local Sales Manager directs the local sales department at KQCA. We are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for success through leadership, clear direction, teaching, motivating and evaluating the sales efforts of our local team. Individual should be highly organized, able to coach a winning team and have experience in pricing and inventory management. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in TV Sales with a notable focus on new business development and non-traditional revenue streams including digital media. In person attendance is required.
• Provide leadership and coaching of our local Account Executives.
• Hire, train and motivate Account Executives to achieve revenue and share goals.
• Schedule and conduct weekly sales meetings and sales training.
• Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive.
• Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
• Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients.
• Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year & exceed quarterly & annual forecasts.
• Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Internet, Mobile, etc.
• Manage, alongside the GSM and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and achieve and exceed revenue goals.
• Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
• Advise the Research Director in creation of research pieces to assist in our sales efforts.
• Communicate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years broadcast sales management experience, but is not required.
• Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
• Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms.
• Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver.
• Has a passion to build and maintain strong employee & client relationships.
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, mobile, and multi-cast.
• Has a track record of success in new business development.
• Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
• Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve.
• Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared.
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp098-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.