NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KPTV
KPTV is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Portland, Oregon. Owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television, it is part of a duopoly with Vancouver, Washington-licensed MyNetworkTV affiliate KPDX.
The News Producer creates, coordinates, and executes newscasts. This position provides editorial and production direction to associate producers and field crews on content, coordination and newscast execution. The News Producer coordinates the efforts of anchors, reporters, editors and other staff toward crafting a compelling newscast. In addition, this position develops the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station's profitable newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- 50% Previews news material before airing. Writes, edits, and research show elements. Prepares interview segments. Coordinates breaking stories. Selects graphics and pre-production elements. Proofreads scripts. Coordinates breaking news and executes show in the control room. Edits video as necessary.
- 10% Collaborates with executive producer, reporters, assignment desk and photographers to determine the content of broadcasts. Participates in story planning meetings.
- 10% Times the show while on air; meets all requirements of commercial content and off-times.
- 10% Conceptualizes innovative graphic and pre-production elements. Monitors and works to constantly improve and evolve the look and execution of newscasts.
- 10% Coordinates with creative services department to develop effective promotions for upcoming shows, newscasts and events.
- 10% Assists the assignment desk and edits video as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or a related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year producing or production support experience for a television or cable station. Two years experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -
- Experience using ENPS internet production tools, MS Office strongly preferred.
- Must possess advanced understanding of newscast presentation.
- Must possess excellent writing and graphics skills with ability to provide an interesting and substantive product.
- Must be results oriented.
- Ability to focus on coordination of daily and long range segments from first contact to on-air product.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions without losing composure.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KPTV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n8p1-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.