News Photographer - KPTV
NEWS PHOTOGRAPHER (VIDEO) - KPTV
KPTV is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Portland, Oregon. Owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television, it is part of a duopoly with Vancouver, Washington-licensed MyNetworkTV affiliate KPDX.
FOX 12 Oregon is searching for a creative and dynamic News Photographer, who will work in the field with reporters, and on his or her own, gathering and producing news stories for our newscasts and digital platforms. The News Photographer/Editor will use ENG cameras, laptop editing equipment, and mobile technology to shoot and edit stories on location and perform live shots while covering news of the day. The candidate must be willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, mornings and holidays.
Duties/Responsibilities would include (but not be limited to):
* Shooting video and stills for our newscasts and digital platforms, and gathering information in the field
* Operating laptop editors, as well as live portable technology in the field
* Collaborating with reporters and producers on stories
* Maintaining equipment and vehicles as assigned by News Operations Manager
* Capable of working under pressure and meeting daily deadlines in a high-energy work environment
* Good communications skills, able to multi-task efficiently
* 2 years of experience as a video photographer and non-linear editor preferred. Must be available to work all shifts and have a clean driving record
* Knowledge of Panasonic P2 cameras and Edius editing platforms a plus
* Enjoys a fast paced environment
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KPTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxb4q-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.