MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (F/T) - KPLC
KPLC is located in beautiful Lake Charles, Louisiana. Situated along Lake Charles and the Calcasieu River, Lake Charles is known for its industry, booming economy, and culture. Lake Charles is the fifth-largest city in Louisiana. KPLC began broadcasting in the summer of 1954 and is consistently one of the nation's most innovative and most-watched television stations, ranking among the top 5 Nielsen-rated stations nationally throughout the year.
KPLC-TV in Lake Charles seeks a motivated and dynamic MMJ to join our news team. The successful candidate must be a proven leader who is fearless, motivated and passionate about storytelling. The ideal candidate must be an effective communicator who excels in reporting. The ability to cultivate sources and produce enterprise stories is a must. Applicant must have a love for local news, a passion for creative storytelling, a positive attitude, a desire to innovate, and a passion for being ''live.''
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Generating own story ideas.
- Set up your own interviews.
- Write broadcast and digital versions of stories.
- Maintain professional social media accounts.
- Assist producers in showcasing stories.
- Write, shoot, edit, and go live on stories for multiple newscasts in the same day.
- Work under deadlines.
- Present live news urgently and actively.
- Produce content for KPLC-TV, KPLCTV.com as well as KPLC Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and OTT sites.
- Must follow a strategic plan for the newsroom.
- Assist with producing newscasts.
- Pitch story ideas with the station's ''At Your Service'' brand in mind.
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Strong live reporting skills and driven by breaking news.
- Must be proficient on all digital platforms and meet mandated social media goals.
- Driving, shooting video, shooting your own live shots, video editing, and writing are required for this position.
- College Degree in Journalism or related field, internship and or professional newsroom experience,
- Experience with Edius, ENPS, and LiveU is a plus.
- MVR is also required.
If you are qualified and interested, you may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KPLC-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmp6bx-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.