KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 169, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
KOTA/KEVN - Living and working in Rapid City - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2Wz03telQ&feature=youtu.be
KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic sports reporter and anchor who is the consummate team player and knows how to tell good sports stories that non-sports fans will love. Top candidates will want to go way beyond highlights and traditional sports and find unique sports stories in the great outdoors of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Anchor weekend sportscasts
- Generate local sports stories and features for daily newscasts
- Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
- Edit video and stories for broadcast
- Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
- Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
- College degree
- Ability to write for broadcast news
- Ability to shoot and edit video
- Understanding of principal journalistic ethics
- Ability to carry and utilize camera equipment in the field
- Valid driver's license
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93vz7-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.