KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 173, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
KOTA Territory/Black Hills FOX in the Rapid City market, is looking for a full-time assignment manager. This person must possess strong leadership, organizational skills and able to perform well under pressure. The ideal candidate develops and enterprises stories daily and communicates well with co-workers and the community. The candidate will also be required to coordinate field anchoring opportunities as well as live coverage of special events, run the assignment desk and post stories to our station's website and social platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop stories and update them by maintaining contact with sources, including police and government agencies
- Respond aggressively to breaking news and severe weather
- Write news stories for newscasts and website, post to social media platforms
- Coordinate crews in the field and communicate updates to the news staff and management
- Help plan big events and elections
- Help manage news planner
- Maintain the newsroom schedule
- Report to the News Director
- BA in Journalism or related field
- Previous newsroom experience
- Must be versed in broadcast and digital writing styles
- Ability to handle high stress, deadline pressure, and adapts easily to change
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
- Willing to work flexible hours and work well with coworkers
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1xwe-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.