CBS 7 News is the top-rated, long-time news leader in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico.
Based in Midland/Odessa, we pride ourselves in being the dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day...and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers and an innovative production team. Whether we're following local officers to the nation's capital to remember their fallen brothers; traveling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man's journey; covering a hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry - KOSA is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
As the only community in the country with an International Air and Space Port, travel to and from Midland from anywhere in the world (and very soon even out of the world!) is quick and easy. We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
Learn More About KOSA : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2shXSUmdd8
CBS7 - the top rated, long-time news leader in Odessa-Midland, TX - is looking for a NEWSCAST PRODUCER to join our news team.
You'll be responsible for crafting two newscasts a day including story stacking, writing, creating graphics and editing video. You should be able to write conversationally and quickly. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door of a television newsroom. We're looking for someone with a great attitude, who's willing to learn, and is fun to be around. If you're a creative story teller and a team player with a good work ethic, we should talk.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Ability and willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must include cover letter and resume and a link to your resume or reel
• Must be available to work all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, late breaking news and weather emergencies
• Available 24 hours/7days per week based on scheduled hours
• Multitask, react, solve problems and obtain results under pressures of television production and broadcasts
• Interact with a variety of individuals including management, employees, and outside vendors/consultants
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Act independently
• Display flexibility, creativity, and develop innovative solutions
• Be a team player
• Bachelors degree in Journalism
• Internship at a commercial TV newsroom
• Resume reel (this is a requirement to be considered.)
• ENPS and Clickability experience are a plus
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older to apply
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1yoe-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.