Digital News Content Producer - KOSA
DIGITAL NEWS CONTENT PRODUCER (Bilingual) - KOSA
CBS 7 News is the top-rated, long-time news leader in west Texas and southeastern New Mexico. Based in Midland/Odessa, we pride ourselves in being the dominant player in a highly competitive market where there is never a shortage of news that impacts people on the regional level, throughout the state of Texas and very often on the national stage.
Our team of professionals is committed to sharing the most compelling stories every day...and we know that requires outstanding writers, creative photographers and an innovative production team. Whether we're following local officers to the nation's capitol to remember their fallen brothers; travelling to Marine boot camp to highlight a local man's journey; covering a hometown president (George W. Bush) during his eight years in office; or tracking the latest developments in the oil and gas industry - KOSA is located at the epicenter of some of the most important news stories of our generation.
As the only community in the country with an International Air and Space Port, travel to and from Midland from anywhere in the world (and very soon even out of the world!) is quick and easy. We are also nestled in a picturesque region of Texas, often referred to as a hidden jewel, that makes for exciting weekend trips for the outdoors adventurer or the lover of rare or unique art.
KOSA-TV/Telemundo20 Odessa has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Producer to join our growing Telemundo news team. The Digital Content Producer will focus on producing news and trending content for the T20 platform on www.sutelemundo20.com The right candidate must have a passion for local and national news and excel at writing and creating content for all digital platforms. The candidate will be responsible for the production of Spanish newscast as well as assisting with the production of the other newscast. Additionally, this person will be responsible for all aspects of Telemundo's social media and web content during the remainder of the week.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Write and curate content for all KTLE digital and social media platforms
- Produce and anchor live digital newscasts on our OTT streaming channel and general newscasts
- Help with and curate special digital projects
- Help lead and produce online breaking news coverage with the rest of the digital team
- Schedule and complete long-format interviews, both live and recorded, for use on all station platforms
- Assist staff with composing digital stories
- Assist in the daily news-gathering process
• Bilingual is a must and proficient in English and Spanish
• Have solid news judgment
• Not afraid to make quick decisions
• Strong technological and computer skills
• A compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage their time to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• be able to make a pitch and defend a position
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• the candidate must also have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills
• the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Journalism degree preferred
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOSA-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6w098-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.