KOMO News has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sports Anchor/Reporter. We are looking for a strong storyteller, and someone with the ability to innovate. We are not looking for someone to just read scores and highlights, but someone able to creatively tell the biggest sports stories of the day across multiple platforms. Seattle is home to the NFL, MLB, WNBA, MLS and the NHL.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can generate story ideas on a daily basis and cultivate contacts for unique sports content. This position requires the ability to work under deadlines and on a flexible schedule, that will include evenings and/or weekends.
• Cover and report sports news
• Produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks
• Demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
• Other duties as assigned by the News managers
• At least 3-5 years of on-air experience as a Sports Anchor/Reporter required
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Strong writer
• Exemplary communication skills
• Previous experience working in a team environment
• The ideal candidate should have considerable live shot experience
In addition, include a link of your most recent work in the online application.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roem54-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.