KOMO/KUNS are seeking an detail oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Assignment Editor! We are looking for an experienced assignment editor who knows how to check information, generate story ideas, and react decisively to breaking news. Candidates must have strong logistical skills, be a self-starter, and have the skill to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills who can coordinate coverage and problem solve obstacles. This person must be able to perform calmly and communicate effectively under pressure.
Skills and Experience:
• Assigning and tracking news crews
• Gathering factual information quickly and accurately
• Identification and development of daily content
• Writing and posting content to station website and social media sites
• Clear and accurate communication of information.
• Monitoring scanners and reacting to breaking news. Monitoring web sites and social media. Reacting to developing news
• Organization of newsroom resources
• Efficient and polite communication with the general public
• Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 1 year of assignment desk experience
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/social media skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism or communications is also preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The hourly compensation range for this role is $25.97 to $27.81. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, quarterly and annual incentive plan bonuses, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, 15 paid vacation days, 2 paid personal days, 9 paid holidays, 40 hours of paid sick leave, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2p77-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.