KOMO/KUNS has an immeciate opening for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter. If you are a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can turn content every day on multiiple platforms, KOMO News is the fit for you. The ideal candidate will develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. You must provide examples in your on-air reel of excellent live shot skills and prove you thrive on breaking stories. This is not a feature reporter slot and substancial experience on-air for a local or national newscast is required. Please do not apply if you don't meet these criteria.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
• Create, potentially shoot, write and possibly edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
• Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
• Engaging with local community members
• Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
• Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc..
Additionally, this person should have a…
• Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
• Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
• Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
• 3-5 years of experience as a Reporter
• Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8626-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.