KOMO-TV in Seattle, Washington is looking to hire a superstar Digital Producer for our online platforms.
• Will write, create and post content to KOMONews.com.
• Clean, clear writing and a mastery of AP Style.
• Insatiable desire to find and report news along with knowing how to spot content that can resonate with audienced on all of our platforms.
• Ability to learn/master Sinclair's proprietary content management systems in order to post/update digital content.
• Basic understanding of online photo editing platforms.
• Videography and basic editing skills would be helpful..
• Creating/writing engaging, innovative posts for sharing on social media platforms.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task while also working independently when needed.
• Must be able to learn from mistkaes and be receptive to guidance/feedback..
• Able to communicate and work well with the digital and Newsroom teams.
• Ability to understand/talk to a wide variety of sources, including but not limited to press releases, social media posts, government statements and court rulings, and be able to seamlessly report/post online news content/stories from that source.
• Flexible schedule, including working an occasional weekend shift.
• College degree required
• Three years (minimum) writing for news organizations required.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced newsroom, juggling push alerts, livestreaming, writing and updating digital stories while being able to conceive/implement posts for social media – all while communicating with web and TV reporters/producers/Assignment Desk.
• Post breaking news stories and video to digital platforms in order to continue our tradition of being the first station in the market with update.
• Review wires, feeds, news partners (CNN and ABC News) other news sources, social media and the internet for content to round out local, regional and national coverage on site.
• Be able to quickly and accurately communicate with TV and digital producers about digital issues/trends/developments.
• Identify stories/content/video that can drive engagement and audience growth across KOMO's digital platforms.
• Compile, edit, write news stories from a variety of sources, including but not limited to KOMO-TV, the web, social media, wire services and press releases – with an emphasis on delivering breaking news quickly and accurately.
• Enterprise, report and write local news stories that have clear, compelling headlines.
• Work with editors, reporters, producers and managers across all KOMO platforms to quickly post information while looking for video that can be uploaded and posted to KOMO digital platforms.
• Brainstorm, research and create web extras to accompany news stories.
• Produce multi-faceted online stories giving consideration to adding relevant content, including previous stories, video, images, audio and external links.
• Maintain the highest journalistic standards.
• Must learn and demonstrate quick mastery of push alerts while also being strategic in order to disseminate KOMONews.com content to online users.
• Manage and support existing daily online newsletters while thinking strategically about new newsletters that can grow user base and increase site traffic to KOMONews.com.
• Able to learn new interactive tools to tell/present online information..
• Reviews and maintains all sections of the site and makes periodic recommendations for improving site appearance and content.
• Suggests new approaches to covering stories and presenting information for digital formats.
• Searches for new and better ways to promote KOMONews.com content, especially sections targeted for growth.
• Be an idea generator for content that can driver engagement to digital from on-air and back.
• Be an evangelist for KOMO's digital platforms within and outside the station in order to stoke interest in our digital platforms.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e1bq-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.