KOLR 10 in Springfield, Missouri is looking for experienced, energetic and engaging anchor to join our morning news team. We produce 2 1/2 hours of news each weekday morning from 5-7a and 11-11:30a. The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a morning format that is focused on forward-looking news and fun conversation. You should be a self-starter who proactively searches for relevant, time period-specific content. You must be a team player who communicates and collaborates.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Presents news stories, interviews, and other content in a credible, meaningful, and relatable way.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers content, including teases and promos, in a clear and concise manner.
• Acts as a field anchor/reporter as assigned.
• Conducts live interviews during newscasts.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances. Represents station at community and non-profit events.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Strong social media presence and proficiency, so as to interact and engage with viewers/users on social media channels.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Minimum five years' experience in news reporting and/or anchoring. (More or less, depending on market size.)
• Superior on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
• Appreciation for and embracement of the incredibly diverse market we serve.
• Team player, able to work well with people who have a range of skill sets and personalities.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work other shifts as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r06pzm-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.