KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc.
Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serves all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
We are looking for a Technical Media Producer Supervisor. You will be responsible for scheduling, training, system support and developing the TMP staff. Master Control, Newscasts, and community specials are equally important to the job. You will also direct newscasts as well as run Master Control on occasion to maintain the skill set.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise a staff of up to 12 TMPs. Including scheduling, timesheet approval, and training.
- Work closely with other departments to create compelling newscasts, content, and error-free Master Control products.
- Direct live and pre-recorded productions as well as running Master Control.
- Work with AP ENPS, newsroom computer system, Viz graphics, Ross automation, Caprica etc..
- Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
- Dedication to care of equipment.
- Assist in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
- Light new shots and retouch existing lighting in the studios.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film Mass Communication or related field preferred
- A minimum of two years of Newscast Directing and or Master Control/Production experience.
- TMP experience or familiarity of Ross automation and Nverzion Master Control a plus.
- Previous supervising experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively - written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn086o-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.