Technical Media Producer - KOLD
TECHNICAL MEDIA PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KOLD
KOLD News 13 is Tucson's most watched television station. We are the largest television newsroom serving Tucson and southern Arizona by providing Live, Local, Late-Breaking news coverage 24/7. The spirit of innovation is key to our growth as a market leader in news.
The news department also produces various newscasts for the TEGNA Fox affiliate KMSB through an SSA agreement. The Tucson metro area is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas with over one million residents. Our 340+ days of sunshine makes southern Arizona an ideal destination for outdoor activities.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring on-air signals on KOLD/KMSB and sub-channels, transmitter, and FCC logs, as well as ingesting daily programming and commercials. The ideal candidate will work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands. Flexible work schedule a must.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Minimum 1 year of experience in journalism, production, media or related fields
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Strong organizational skills
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations
• Newscast Directing/Master Control/Production assistance experience a plus
• Knowledge of Ross Overdrive, Caprica, ENPS and Nverzion automation and playout systems preferred
• Must be able to work shifts of at least 8 hours and occasionally longer, 5 days per week
• Must be able to work non-standard shifts (i.e. overnight, weekend)
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Ability to use a computer for tasks such as email, preparing reports, executing automation, and editing video
• Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management
Come join our dynamic news team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d897xx-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.