News Anchor / Reporter - KOLD
NEWS ANCHOR/REPORTER (MID-DAY) - KOLD
KOLD News 13 is Tucson's most watched television station. We are the largest television newsroom serving Tucson and Southern Arizona by providing Live, Local, Late-Breaking news coverage 24/7. The spirit of innovation is key to our growth as a market leader in news. Our news department produces all newscasts for the TEGNA Fox affiliate KMSB through a shared services agreement. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
Southern Arizona's news leader is seeking a compelling anchor who will also report daily. Are you a born storyteller who loves to bring late-breaking news to a midday audience? KOLD has an immediate opening for an anchor/reporter to join our award-winning newsroom. This position requires exceptional news judgment, high work ethic, and a team-oriented approach to winning. Previous experience is required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of the relationship between broadcast and digital/OTT platforms.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Anchor midday newscasts and report stories for the later shows and/or the following morning's shows. The ideal candidate will be a strong reporter.
• Work with the news director and newsroom leaders to anchor new and existing midday shows.
• Write copy for all platforms
• Execute a daily digital plan tailored to your daily assignments and long-term projects. This includes posting to social media throughout your shift, identifying opportunities for live streaming on our website/OTT platforms/Facebook, getting breaking news, live and user-generated content into our newscasts.
• Understand our DMA and key target audiences
• Be a self-starter who can develop sources, able to go beyond press releases, and enterprise content
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
• Minimum two years of newsroom experience
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
• Self-starter skills
• The desire to win and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback
• An established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and OTT
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style and broadcast writing
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, meet deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during high-pressure breaking news moments.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking news and severe weather events.
• Experience with shooting and editing unique content
• MVR check required
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqbybx-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.