KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc.
Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serve all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
A Technical Media Producers role combines Live Newscast Directing using automation along with traditional Master Control duties which include monitoring KOLD/KSMB/KTTU broadcast signals, commercial playout, and FCC compliance.
-The successful candidate will direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams for multiple television services.
- Candidate will be responsible for operating Ross Overdrive production video switcher to direct live news broadcasts and pre-produced content
- Candidate will operate master control switcher, NVerzion automation, VizRT graphics, and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control
- Candidate should have the ability to effectively perform the following:
-Code and execute local live production with Ross Automation.
-Commercial and program ingesting/segmenting.
- Preference is given to someone with an understanding of FCC broadcast regulation
-Relevant work experience in broadcast helpful
- Successful candidate should be dependable, well organized, be able to multi-task, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to work calmly under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Minimum 1 year of television production experience preferred
- Variable work schedule will include evenings, weekends and holidays
, upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1436x-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.