Executive Producer Of Training and Development - KOLD
KOLD News 13 is the CBS affiliate in Tucson and is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc. Our news department also operates and produces news for KMSB Fox 11.
Our crew of dedicated journalists serve all of Southern Arizona. The station is located near Cortaro Farms Road and I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is the 64th largest television market in the United States. The spirit of innovation has always been with the station. KOLD became the first television station in Tucson when it started broadcasting on Jan. 13, 1953.
If you've never been to Tucson, let us tell you all the things you'll love: Plentiful sunshine, natural beauty, diverse culture, active lifestyles, great food, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, breathtaking views, unforgettable sunsets, challenging biking trails, community events, accessible natural locations for all ages… it would have been quicker for us to just say you'll love it all.
13 News is seeking an executive producer to join our team - but it's different than any you've ever experienced. This management position is responsible for the training and development of our producers, from onboarding entry-level producers to providing advanced critiques to veteran producers. The ideal candidate has several years of producing experience, a love of teaching, and the creativity required to work with different styles of learners. They will work with our current curriculum as well as develop new courses and workshops not only for bringing people up to speed with the expectations of our station but also for our Development Days. The ideal candidate also has experience providing coaching and mentoring feedback on both scripts and performance to on-air talent.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Employ, create, and adapt curriculum for onboarding entry-level through experienced producers and MMJ/reporters
• Train new producers
• Provide coaching and feedback to producers as they move beyond the training process
• Develop workshops for providing coaching and feedback to veteran producers
• Work closely with other newsroom managers daily to ensure newscasts are clean, accurate, and compelling
• Produce newscasts regularly to ensure retention of producing skills and knowledge of all shows for which new producers will need to be trained
• Work closely with other newsroom managers to make sure station initiatives are being handled properly
• Find solutions and opportunities when problems come up in the newsroom
• Tackle other projects as assigned by newsroom management
• At least 3 years of TV news producing experience preferred
• College degree in journalism or related field required
• Prior management or demonstration of leadership experience required
• Prior coaching/teaching experience highly preferred
• Experience handling large station projects or initiatives highly preferred
• Experience working with automation highly preferred
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KOLD-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyky1-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.