KOIN 6 TV/Portland's CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is seeking a Videographer to join our news team.
The videographer/photographer combines artistic talent, technical expertise, and composition skills to produce images that will provide a visual story on a given topic as assigned.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events.
• Takes direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, reporters, anchors and production control room personnel.
• Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently.
• Maintains positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments.
• Responds positively to feedback.
• Ability to edit raw video to newscast form in a manner to complete the story for the viewer.
• Proficient in social networking sites. Ex: Twitter, Facebook.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must present professional image as a representation of the station at all times.
• High School Diploma or GED is required. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in broadcasting, journalism, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years video photography in a medium or major market TV News station preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate live trucks and camera equipment.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate computer and editing machine. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Must be willing to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), as well as be able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early mornings, nights, and holidays. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
TO APPLY: Please visit the Work for us page at KOIN.com: http://bit.ly/2IsKviW or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.