KOIN 6 TV/Portland's CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our growing digital team. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
JOB SUMMARY: Produce and distribute content elements across several media platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Produce, organize, write, and edit content for multi-media platforms: which may include, but are not limited to internet, mobile and social media.
• Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms.
• Regularly confer with other team members to pick strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the web sites.
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across multiple platforms.
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms.
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required; with at least 1 year experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate computers with desktop editing system.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Must be willing to work weekends (Saturdays and Sundays), as well as be able to work any and all shifts as necessary, including overnights/early mornings, nights, and holidays.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Group Career Portal: Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel or portfolio (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account
About Us: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN 6 News is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing local news, network and syndicated entertainment to viewers in Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN 6 News is Watching Out for You with 41 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather and traffic.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.