KOIN 6 TV/Portland's CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon is looking for an Audience Development Manager to join our growing digital team. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing key projects for our digital portfolio.
Position Summary: The Audience Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a plan to generate inbound traffic from external sources and communicate our brand identity. The producer is the primary advocate for growing and directing off-platform participation among the editorial group. This person must be highly motivated with an ability to focus and re-focus on a constantly changing target. The candidate should understand nuances in tone for different audiences and brand identities -- sounding fun where able and respectful when required.
• Develops and implements social media strategy across all products
• Manages all social media accounts with understanding of each unique audience
• Executes on growing local newsletter strategy while tailoring tone to local needs
• Utilizes third-party tools to manage social posts across multiple accounts
• Shares high-performing successes across multiple markets and pitches external partners and sites for possible story promotion
• Observes SEO trends and provides feedback to reporters and producers
• Sends app alerts and desktop notifications timed for maximum reach
• Communicates regularly with other newsrooms to leverage unique offerings
• Reports on account and campaign metrics to inform future production strategies
• 2 years of experience as a social media producer
• Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click
• Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Knowledge of audience behavior trends and technical ability to affect them
• Ability to monitor and analyze metrics to change strategy as needed
• Knowledge of AP style
• Understanding of effective writing styles for internal and external audiences
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate computers with desktop editing system. Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Flexibility to work any shift; early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required.
The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
To Apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
To be considered for this position you must apply online via the Nexstar Media Career Portal. Please remember to attach your cover letter, resume, and a link to your demo reel (if applicable).
Nexstar Careers - First Time users must create an Account
Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On!
Our sister station, KRCW-TV – Portland's CW – began broadcasting in 1989. Portland's CW offers CW network programming, along with local sports and syndicated comedy programming and talk shows. Also under the umbrella of KOIN-TV is Antenna TV, which features classic TV programs from the 1960s-1990s, such as Family Ties, Johnny Carson, Bewitched, Coach and many others.
KOIN-TV, KRCW-TV and Antenna TV are Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television stations serving Oregon and SW Washington from our studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 199 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity, and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN/Nexstar Media Group is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN/Nexstar Media Group values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9k0j-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.