KOIN 6 TV/Portland/s CW, a Nexstar Media Group Inc. owned CBS and CW duopoly in Portland, Oregon has an immediate opening for an Account Executive. Nexstar is the largest media company in the country with 197 television stations, web sites and full suite of digital solutions. The ideal candidate will be passionate, persistent and enjoys the sales process. Be a part of the expanding world of broadcast and digital advertising with one of the most successful sales teams in the market.
• Effective driver of revenue through growing existing accounts and new business development
• Ability to create, present and sell customized and effective marketing campaigns across multiple media platforms
• Ability and passion for prospecting and obtaining new clients using client, category and industry insights
• Able to solve problems, collaborate with teammates and utilize all resources available
• Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail
• Time management and the ability to juggle competing client needs
• Positive attitude, friendly demeanor and team player
• Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Responsible for the execution of client campaigns in all facets from start to finish
• Display a professional demeanor and exude high energy
• Must be a confident, flexible, multitasker, and be able to work independently
• Understand the competitive landscape and be a resource for clients on research, market and media trends
• Working knowledge of Wide Orbit, Strata, Marshall Marketing and Multi-platform sales experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree preferred. 3+ years of Media Sales experience preferred with history of success
Principals Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate new business through prospecting, networking and other developmental techniques
• Develop and grow existing client relationships through excellent customer service
• Identify and understand the clients' advertising needs and develop successful marking solutions
• Create and deliver customized sales presentations in person, via phone and/ or via webinars
• Meet or exceed sales goals by utilizing creative resources to achieve results
• Provide creative and innovative solutions for customers utilizing industry trends, selling techniques and digital product knowledge
• Comprehensive working knowledge of media, digital assets, and industry sales tools
• Must be able to multi task to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office environment and have a proven track record of sales success
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
Must be able to sit, conduct phone conversations, use email, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Travel may be required. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Note: This job description contains the basic requirement for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities: other duties may be assigned.
If you are results-oriented and a well-organized self-starter, we want you to be part of our dynamic sales force.
To apply: Please visit the Work for Us page at KOIN.com: https://bit.ly/2NpjYBu or at the Nexstar Website at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar to complete the application process.
ABOUT US: Broadcasting since 1953, KOIN-TV is Portland's CBS affiliate, providing exceptional local news content on air and online (koin.com), CBS Network programming and syndicated entertainment to viewers across Oregon and SW Washington. KOIN News is Watching Out for You with 51 hours of local news broadcasts each week, featuring award-winning, in-depth investigations, news, weather, traffic, KOIN News AM-Extra and Game-On! KOIN-TV is a Nexstar Media Group, Inc. television station serving Oregon and SW Washington from its studios in downtown Portland, OR. Nexstar is the largest local television broadcast and digital media company in the nation with a portfolio of 197 full power owned or serviced stations in 115 markets reaching approximately 63% of US television households. Today, as one of the most powerful and trusted voices in America, Nexstar remains true to its mission to uphold the public interest principles of localism, diversity and trustworthy, unbiased broadcast journalism. At the same time, the company continues to simultaneously raise its commitment to support the evolving needs and interests of the local viewers, hometown businesses and community organizations that it proudly serves each day.
KOIN is an equal opportunity employer that seeks diversity in our workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
KOIN values the contribution of its employees. We recognize their efforts by offering a competitive compensation plan and an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(K), and more. We are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background and DMV check.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.