Part Time Local News Associate Producer
KOCO-TV, the ABC affiliate in Oklahoma City, has an opening for a part-time Associate Producer. You will assist producers in all aspects of producing a newscast. This will include writing stories, creating graphics, researching information, and using video. Associate Producers also help make phone calls to gather information about stories. In addition to writing for our broadcasts, our associate producers are also assigned to write/post stories daily to our website and social media sites and have writing and tape editing skills. You will report to Jonathan Carlisle. This is a wonderful opportunity if you are looking to get your foot in the door and get started in a career in journalism.
• Write copy for daily newscasts and edit videos
• Assist producers and reporters with research
• Operate TelePrompter
• Collaborate with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers
• Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms
• Research and write stories for television and digital platforms
• Make follow up calls and beat calls
• Familiarity with social media
• Writing and verbal skills
• Work on deadlines
• Knowledge of ENPS a plus
• Related military experience will be considered
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
This position is part-time and not eligible for benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby75x-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.