KOBI-TV NBC5 is looking for a full-time Digital Content Producer with excellent writing skills, who will publish content on KOBI5.com and associated social media networks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Produce, organize, write, and edit content for multi-media platforms: which may include, but are not limited to internet, mobile and social media.
2. Collaborate with news producers and managers to conceptualize, produce and present content on multiple media platforms.
3. Regularly confer with other team members to pick the strongest editorial piece produced daily and optimize those articles for the websites.
Education and Experience:
College degree and broadcast journalism experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of news gathering, production, and writing.
• Knowledge of journalism policies and practices.
• Knowledge of broadcast equipment operation.
• Writing, editing, reporting, and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and manage time in order to put together exciting and informative content for website and social media platforms.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and without supervision.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with staff and the general public.
Hours vary, but are primarily Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm. This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week. Our benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, 401K retirement plan, health care spending account, life insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacations, and paid holidays.
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 is licensed by the FCC therefore, we must follow federal guidelines. Since marijuana is still illegal on a federal level, if offered a position, a candidate would be required to pass a 10-panel drug screen, which does include marijuana. A 3-year driving record check, and a 7-year criminal background check are also pre-employment requirements, for a candidate offered the position. We also require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, to include up-to-date booster.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0jv26-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Please send your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format via email or to the physical address below:
Director of HR
125 South Fir Street
Medford, OR 97501
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2, owned by California Oregon Broadcasting, Inc., is the longest continuously independent broadcast group in the West, and one of the two oldest in the country. The founder of our company, Bill Smullin, often said “Most people work 50 weeks a year in order to spend two weeks vacation in the beauty of Northern California and Oregon – the area we are fortunate enough to live, work, and play in every day.”
It is the mission of COBi to provide an environment that encourages our staff to enthusiastically join with our viewers and clients in the fun of creativity, service, and work that serves all individuals with quality broadcast.
COBi is continually looking for individuals who embrace our culture and possess skills that will complement our company. Whether we have positions open at this time or not, if you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to send us your resume – we are always accepting new applications.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: KOBI-TV NBC5/KOTI-TV NBC2 Director of Human Resources at 125 S. Fir St. Medford, OR 97501