KOAA News5 is seeking a talented and passionate Multimedia Journalist to join our team in Colorado Springs. As a Multimedia Journalist, you will play a crucial role in covering local stories that impact our community positively through engaging, informative, and insightful storytelling. We are looking for a creative and versatile journalist who is not only a strong writer but also skilled in video production, digital media, and social media engagement.
You will research, write, capture visual content and edit stories for multiple platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Generally, 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
Hourly: $25.96 - 28.846
Pursuant to state and local salary transparency laws, the salary range posted is specific to candidates who will perform this work in Colorado.
WHAT WE OFFER (ADDITIONAL BENEFITS):
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rey5q2-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.