Political Multimedia Journalist, KNXV
KNXV, the E.W. Scripps Company ABC affiliate in Phoenix, Arizona is looking for a Political Multimedia Journalist with sources and expertise in policy issues. This is not an entry-level position. Instead, the station is looking for a journalist who can differentiate us from our competition through source-building, skill, and storytelling.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignments or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assist in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on TV in packaged reports.
• Go live from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multimedia stories.
• Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of four years of experience.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm2bj6-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.