KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV, NBC and FOX affiliates in Northwest Arkansas, are looking for an experienced Morning Show Meteorologist to join our team!
Tornadoes, snow, floods... our market has it all, and we need a weather expert who understands knows how to build engaging and accurate forecasts with a complete weather story to keep our viewers safe and informed. The Morning Show Met will be responsible for on-air weathercasts on both the KNWA & FOX24 weekday morning newscasts, work with the met team during severe weather, and make appearances in the community. Awesome ad-lib skills and a warm personality are critical to this role! The Morning Met is a key part of our Morning News Team, participating in fun segments and chat throughout the newscasts.
This position also requires strong digital and social savvy.
Our mets turn out sharable, weather-centric content designed to drive our digital platforms. We want your work to go viral!!
Northwest Arkansas sits along the infamous ''Tornado Alley,'' so if severe weather is your bread and butter, this is a hot spot for you. With all four seasons, NWA is a great spot to hone your skills for snow, ice, flooding and tornado coverage. But don't worry - we have plenty of beautiful weather to track, too!
Above all, we're looking for someone with a hard work ethic, an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as primary Meteorologist for Monday – Friday morning newscasts
• Work closely with the weather team to support and extend comprehensive weather coverage on our digital platforms.
• Ensures all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities, including public appearances.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interact with our audience on station-branded digital and social media accounts.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of accurate forecasting.
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Superior on-air presence. Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience on camera.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Strong command of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to shoot video and perform non-linear editing a plus.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record required.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Our population just crossed 500k and is rising. Why? Because high-end business industries are here and they are bringing in some of the best in their fields, cost of living is low, quality of living is high and we fill up our days/nights with world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events.
In fact, US News ranks Fayetteville the #4 best place to live in the country: http://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropy11-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.