Videographer / Editor - KNOE
KNOE-TV 8 News is an award-winning television station and news organization located in Monroe, Louisiana, covering northeast Louisiana, Union and Ashley Counties in Arkansas, and Warren and Adams Counties in Mississippi. KNOE-TV is owned by Atlanta-based Gray Television and is a sister station to ABC affiliate KAQY. Our offices and studios are located on Oliver Road in Monroe, and our transmitter is located in the town of Columbia in Caldwell, Parish. Since our first broadcast day on September 27, 1953, KNOE-TV has offered the best news, entertainment, weather, sports, and investigative reporting. Besides providing high-quality programming from both the CBS and ABC television networks, we also offer programs from the CW network. For further information, please visit www.knoe.com.
KNOE's Videographer/Editor is responsible for shooting video, running reporter live-shots, and editing video for our market-leading newscasts. Working in collaboration with reporters, producers, anchors, and management, the successful candidate will demonstrate a knack for great visuals and storytelling.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside news producers and other newsroom staff to create dynamic newscasts and digital content.
- Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment.
- Edit, gather, and shoot content for our television newscasts, the station's website and our mobile platforms.
- Serve as photographer for breaking news and weather situations, as well as run reporter live-shots.
- Assist in overall management of station video archives and equipment, such as field cameras and other station-owned gear.
- Other duties as assigned will be required.
- Be creative, extremely detail-oriented, and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment under deadline pressure
- Candidates should demonstrate strong videography skills and be proficient at non-linear editing. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. This position requires flexible scheduling
- Able to work well with a team
- Flexible to work mornings, nights, and weekends
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods. Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
- Computer literacy is a must
- Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
- While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
- Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, and Vision switchers, Ross Xpression Graphics, NVerzion Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a definite plus
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj95m0-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.