- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionLocal Sales Assistant - KMVT
KMVT is the ONLY fully staffed news team in the market committed to covering Southern Idaho with local, regional, state, and national news by way of Morning, Noon, 5p, 6p, 9p and 10p newscasts.
KMVT is part of Gray Television. We own and operate three local TV stations: KMVT- CBS, KSVT- FOX 14 and NMVT- Southern Idaho's CW.
KMVT is the dominant news source for the Magic Valley. Twin Falls is the largest city of Idaho's Magic Valley region. As the largest city in a 100-mile (160-kilometer) radius, Twin Falls serves as a regional commercial center for both south-central Idaho and northeastern Nevada. Twin Falls is the state's 7th largest city and is the fastest growing city in South-Central Idaho. Twin Falls lies on the edge of the spectacular Snake River Canyon with the Snake River running over 500 feet below and is ranked the#1 Home Base City in the US for Road Trippers. Spanning the mighty Snake is the renowned Perrine Bridge, one of the world's top spots for year-round BASE jumping. Agribusiness is the primary foundation for Twin Falls Economic Development with a full range of food production, processing, science, and related support services.
This position will work with all facets of the sales department – local, digital and be a backup for national. They will have daily interaction with the sales management team, account executives, traffic department and clients. The chosen candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, be organized, driven to help the team succeed, be self-motivated and curious.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Order entry local orders and national assistance
• Assist AE's in handling discrepancies and make-goods
• Assist with client communication for the AE's when needed
• Handle traffic functions like processing copy and commercials to send to master control
• Help with presentation/package designs and/or reporting using excel, PowerPoint or internal platforms
• Handle a very small number of local accounts helping with their advertising needs
• Assist General Manager and Office Manager as needed
• Manage contests and pick contest winners
• Post Obituaries to KMVT Website
• Manage community event postings
• Other duties as assigned
• Some college preferred
• Must be extremely detail oriented and able to multi task
• Proficient at Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Self motivated and driven
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Work Environment: Office
• Physical Demands: Sedentary work
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzeb91-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.