Local Sales Manager, KMTV
KMTV, The E.W. Scripps Company, CBS station in Omaha, Nebraska, is looking for a Local Sales Manager (LSM) to lead, coach and mentor a local sales team to help local businesses realize growth opportunities by reaching customers through compelling multi-platform advertising solutions. This full array of advertising solutions may include platforms like Over the Top (OTT) video, search strategies (SEO/SEM), social media strategies, digital display and e-mail targeting, as well as broadcast television. Scripps also offers a top-notch ongoing training program to assist sales managers with the professional growth of their sales team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Collaborate with DOS and other sales managers and departments to accomplish the objectives of the station.
• Organize, direct and manage the execution and performance of a team of local sales Account Executives.
• Negotiate ratings, rates and budgets.
• Develop new business for station utilizing and maximizing all station platforms including but not limited to broadcast, digital and mobile.
• Develop working knowledge of Scripps Sales Process (SSP) and coach Account Executives regarding SSP in the field.
• Utilize SSP, resources and tools provided to build effective sales strategies.
• Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Sales Managers to train, develop and motivate the local sales team so that revenue goals are achieved.
• Collaborate with the Director of Sales and Sales Managers to foster career growth and development of the local sales team so that a pipeline of talent for future Scripps sales management openings is ready.
• Maintain positive working relationships with outside vendors.
• Interface with traffic systems and personnel to ensure efficient management of airtime inventory.
• Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies.
• Develop and implement pricing and packaging to fill needs of both client and station.
• Know the strengths and weaknesses of the competing stations, other advertising mediums and position the station accordingly.
• Effectively forecast sales revenue and manage department expenses so that financial goals are achieved.
• Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years proven success in media sales.
• Experience in agency and direct strategic account management, broadcast inventory and digital/video capabilities required.
• Previous experience selling sports products preferred
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Ability to manage a team to reach sports and core revenue goals
• Demonstrated aptitude for informal leadership and mentoring; fosters open dialogue, empowers others, addresses conflict quickly and directly.
• Strong coaching and feedback skills.
• Strong ability to motivate others toward team goals.
• Able to foster an environment that enables creative and innovative thinking.
• Strong influencing, selling and upselling skills.
• Effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Very strong analysis and data interpretation - able to help others translate needs and research data into sound marketing proposals.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding presentation abilities (in person/virtual, small/large groups, all levels).
• Strong time management and organization skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of Google Office (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and virtual conferencing platforms (E.g., Skype, WebEx, Zoom or MS Teams etc.).
• Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE'LL OFFER:
• Extensive Scripps Sales Process training.
• A career path to grow your professional experiences.
• Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
• Retirement savings plan with company match.
If you are a current Scripps employee, please do not apply on this site. Please access our internal career site at Worklife > My Info > View Open Positions at Scripps.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb0bn-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.