News Engineering Technician (Part-time)
KMPH/KFRE in Fresno, has an excellent opportunity for a part-time Broadcast Engineer. The ideal candidate will be involved in the installation, troubleshooting and support of the infrastructure, and systems within the broadcast facility. The candidate must have a passion for broadcast / IT and be comfortable with current media technologies, concepts, and emerging trends.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of broadcast and computer systems.
• Support the News Department by providing operational support before and during newscasts and during breaking news.
• Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls.
• Interface with third party vendors and support technicians.
• Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management.
• Adhere to Sinclair policies and best practices in a broadcast environment.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a broadcast environment.
• Possess strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills.
• Be willing to expand their knowledge with emerging broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
• Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
• A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
• This position may be subject to 24 hour on-call including weekends and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $16.00 to $17.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7oy48-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.