NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KMOV
KMOV is the most-watched television/digital news operation in Missouri and Southern Illinois, with nationally-recognized and award-winning news, weather, and investigative content. Winner of the national Edward R. Murrow award in 2023 for Best Newscast, KMOV will move into a new state-of-the-art facility in the suburbs of St. Louis in Fall 2023. KMOV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the country, a leader in Market #23, and known for its award-winning news and weather coverage, numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. Ranked as the #1 city in the nation in 2022 for new college graduates, St. Louis is also recognized for its low cost of living, convenient transportation, and robust arts and entertainment scene. Home to the world-famous Arch, St. Louis Cardinals baseball, STL CITY soccer, and Blues Hockey teams. St. Louis is quickly becoming THE place to be.
KMOV's News Producer is responsible for creating, coordinating, and executing the assigned newscast. The Producer writes scripts for broadcast, digital content platforms, participates in daily editorial meetings, and presents story ideas; also develops the day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest audience to the Station's newscasts. This position plays a key role in creating the show's vision based on goals set by news management.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Content creation - coordinates story development with the reporter and Content Center.
- Show production - creates production elements, show/story flow.
- Writing - writes mini paks, intros, VOs and VO/SOTs.
- Booth producing - coordinates live elements with the crew and news team.
- News Gathering - assigns & dispatches news crews, calls outside sources to gather facts for on-air and online reporting.
- Story review/production - oversees script review, reporter storytelling, and direction.
- Ability to create a fast-paced, aggressive newscast.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications.
- Minimum two years of producing or production support for a TV or Cable station.
- Experience with Edius, i-news or ENPS, internet production tools, MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with others.
- Self-starter with the ability to follow through on projects until completion.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KMOV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyqwy-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.