Sports Manager - KMOT
KMOT-TV is the NBC affiliate in Minot, North Dakota, and the only locally-broadcast 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts in North Central North Dakota. A job at KMOT is a learning experience unlike any you'll find in a classroom--here, you'll get to shoot, write, and edit your own material, while receiving feedback and coaching from veteran journalists who monitor your progress. Our viewers have come to depend on our news team to be quick, and fair and accurate, from the first tweet and post, to the nightly wrap-up and anchor explainer, you'll get all the news.
KMOT-TV is searching for an enthusiastic sports journalist to serve as our next Sports Manager. This person will produce and anchor KMOT's sportscast during the 6 and 10 p.m. news, Monday through Friday, with an emphasis on the local sports scene. Pay is competitive. Talented beginners / recent grads will be considered.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Write, shoot, edit stories
- Covers (High school and college football, hockey, basketball, etc.) including gathering game highlights, fronting highlights live in studio or the field, reporting on teams, etc.
- Use social media as a way to enhance reporting
- Research story ideas / plan ahead
- Assist with producing if needed
- Participate in editorial meetings
- Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for being called in after hours if news breaks
- Assist team members in planning coverage of major events (festivals, etc.)
- Represent the station at public events
- Communications / Broadcast Journalism or equivalent degree is favorable but NOT required / station provides on-the-job training for some skills
- Ability to carry 20-30 lbs. of equipment
- Good driving record / willingness to drive to shoots
- Knowledge of proper use of social media in covering news (Facebook live, Twitter, TikTok, etc.)
- General interest in news / current events
- Some background with filming sports highlights
- Ability to accept constructive criticism as a way to improve and grow as a journalist
- Willingness to collaborate with team members
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
KMOT-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqpew1-44-213-63-130-42 in your application.