MMJ / Assignment Editor - KMOT
MMJ/ASSIGNMENT EDITOR (F/T) - KMOT
KMOT-TV is the NBC affiliate in Minot, North Dakota, and the only locally-broadcast 6 and 10 p.m. newscasts in North Central North Dakota. A job at KMOT is a learning experience unlike any you'll find in a classroom--here, you'll get to shoot, write, and edit your own material, while receiving feedback and coaching from veteran journalists who monitor your progress. Our viewers have come to depend on our news team to be quick, and fair and accurate, from the first tweet and post, to the nightly wrap-up and anchor explainer, you'll get all the news.
The MMJ / Assignment Editor at KMOT is a full-time, hourly position based out of Minot, North Dakota. This person reports during the week for KMOT and its sister affiliates (KFYR, KUMV, KQCD, West Dakota Fox) across central and western North Dakota and eastern Montana, with a primary focus on North Central North Dakota. This person also represents KMOT during morning editorial meetings with the other stations, and helps coordinate news coverage out of Minot earlier in the day.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Write/shoot/edit stories
- Represent KMOT in weekly morning editorial meetings/story discussions
- Incorporate social media into reporting
- Assist with producing, sports reporting if necessary
- Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for being called in after hours if news breaks
- Represent the station at public events
- Communications/Broadcast Journalism or equivalent degree is preferred, but not required
- Ability to carry 20-30 lbs. of equipment
- Willingness/ability to drive station vehicle to story assignments
- Knowledge of proper use of social media in covering news (Facebook live, Twitter, etc.)
- General interest in news/current events
- Ability to collaborate with other team members, work under a supervisor, and exchange ideas in a respectful and constructive manner
- Competitive, energetic and self-starter
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92kw9-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.