Full Time Job
Sports Sr. Reporter
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionSports Sr. Reporter, KMCC/ KMCC
KMCC/ KTNV, The E.W. Scripps Company Ion Media/ ABC affiliate in Las Vegas, Nevada, is looking for a Sports Senior Reporter to join our team. The Sports Sr. Reporter provides the station with top level reporting for multiplatform distribution. You will also provide guidance to new reporters at the location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Primary focus on covering the defending Stanley Cup Champions, Las Vegas Golden Knights, and the growing sports scene in Las Vegas.
• Responsible for developing relationships with Golden Knights, and other Las Vegas sports teams, that lead to market leading and enterprise local content.
• Generate ideas for stories for multiple platforms.
• Report live on location from various sports events.
• Prepare a factual story to impart the information to the public.
• Research stories through personal contacts, the internet and other sources deciding the best angle and approach for the story.
• Collaborate effectively with News, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily broadcast, special projects and online coverage.
• Participate in community events.
• Build a network of informational sources to provide exclusive stories for the Scripps brand.
• Meet all production deadlines.
• Periodically required to drive personal or company vehicle to cover various assignments.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor degree preferred in Journalism (or related field)
• 5+ years' experience in television reporting
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• Storytelling ability
• Promote teamwork attitude with station employees
• Exceptional on-air personality
• Multitask multiple stories
• Advance ability in critical thinking
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8bk4x-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.