KMBC/KCWE has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing technical aspects of live newscasts. Working with the Newscast Producer and Operating Engineers the Newscast Director will oversee the event coding for a Grass Valley Ignite Production Control System. A positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position.
• Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer.
• Oversee the even coding for Ignite Production Control System
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast using Ignite Production Control System
• In-person attendance is required
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
• Must also have a working understanding of the operation of production switchers, graphics systems, audio and studio equipment.
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
• Related military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d970jk-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.