Kansas City, MO
KMBC and KCWE, the Hearst ABC and CW Affiliate in Kansas City, is looking for an experienced Director of Sales with an exceptional record of success. The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of 5+ years GSM or LSM or equivalent experience. You must have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, recruiting talented salespeople and generating revenue.
• Manage and guide two sales teams to achieve stations' goals on all platforms.
• Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans for both stations.
• Manage both stations inventory and rates.
• Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
• Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
• Interface with both national rep firm to set goals and objectives.
• Work with the promotion departments to create sales opportunities
• Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish station objectives.
• Five years broadcast sales management experience preferred
• Must have a proven track record of success in transactional, new business, digital and multi-platforms sales
• Past experience with managing an independent or non-traditional television station a plus
• Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success.
• Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and execute a clear plan and vision.
• Creative selling abilities a must!
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
• College degree
• Military training and experience will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.