KLFY News 10 is seeking its next Local Sales Manager in Lafayette, La!
We are seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager that will lead a team of winning Account Executives. 3-5 years of experience is preferred but we will also train the right candidate who has successful media sales experience.
Top candidates will have excellent motivation, leadership, and forecasting skills along with a proven track record of winning new business. Experience with working knowledge of Marketron, Matrix, Comscore and Wide Orbit is a plus.
We are looking for a leader with the right qualities who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction, and effective coaching.
With a short 2-hour drive to New Orleans, Lafayette is at the heart of Louisiana's Cajun & Creole Country, an area known as the Happiest City in America. Their history dates to the 18th century, when Canada's Acadians were expelled and settled in Louisiana. More than two centuries later tourists visit for a rare taste of the genuine Acadian experience.
Lafayette has a distinct culinary identity as the epicenter of Cajun cuisine that's earned them the title Best Food City in the USA. Lafayette's culinary scene is steeped in tradition and continues to evolve with a new generation of chefs making it an incredible place to eat.
No matter what time of year you visit Lafayette they will have something for you to celebrate. It doesn't take long to get hooked on Lafayette's Cajun and Zydeco music and there's never a shortage of dance partners if you want to try your hand at a two-step or waltz.
Whether your passion is for their rich cultural history, the bustling culinary scene or distinctive blend of Cajun and Zydeco music, you can be sure you will leave with a smile on your face.
• The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of our Local AE's, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals and the following not limited to:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Manages Accounts Receivable
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.