Editor / Photographer
Colorado Springs, CO
News Producer MMJ - KKTV
At Gray Television, Inc., we offer employees the opportunity to connect with something larger than ourselves. Each day, our employees work alongside great people on fast-paced exciting and innovative projects that inspire change in the world around us. At GrayTV, our employees know that growth opportunities are endless and possibilities are all around us.
We understand that life needs balance. That is why we offer our employees and eligible family members a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Safe harbor 401(k) Plan with matching and profit sharing contributions
• Major Medical, dental, and vision plan options
• Employer contributions towards HSA plans
• Flex benefits, including healthcare and dependent care FSA plans
• Employer Paid Life
• Short and Long-term disability
• Voluntary plans, including hospital indemnity, critical illness, whole life and accident insurance
• 10 paid company holidays, plus PTO
• Wellness initiatives and other exciting work-life programs
KKTV is in picturesque Downtown Colorado Springs in Colorado, and with breathtaking views of the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, it's immediately easy to see why people are flocking to colorful Southern Colorado! KKTV 11 News is the Breaking News and Weather Leader in Southern Colorado, and we always put the safety of our viewers first. With more than 65 years of excellence in the community, a multitude of awards including Emmy, Murrow, and Colorado Broadcaster's Association awards, and state-of-the-art technology, being the leader in the community is integral to the culture of KKTV. Our departments work together as a team to serve our community. We are involved with local non-profits like Pikes Peak United Way and Care and Share Food Bank, and we sponsor fun events like the annual Christmas parade and balloon festival. We work hard and we also like to have fun together. Southern Colorado is our home, and we strive every day to make it an even better place to live and work.
Job Summary/Description: Job Pay (Hourly/Salary): $31 - $40K DOE
This position requires solid reporting on all types of daily news stories with emphasis on accuracy and quality. The position also requires the ability to cover breaking news.
To be successful in this position you will be responsible for:
• Writing, reporting, shooting, editing and doing solid/creative live shots
• Daily news photography and video tape editing
• Work efficiently alone
• Contributing content daily to KKTV.COM and other associated digital products
• Work in various weather conditions
• Must be able to manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast
• Working with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report
• Working closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer
• Applicable college degree is required. However, experience may be substituted at the employer's discretion. Two years producing experience preferred but experience as a news reporter, assignment editor or other applicable journalism experience may be accepted.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqbe1-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $31,000 to $40,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.